The title of this post was taken from the song Maybe Just Once by Nine Inch Nails.
I've had a lot of "Mike" moments this week. I think about him all the time and there are always little things that remind me of him, but this week there have been more than usual. There have also been tears of worry and frustration mixed with hilarious family moments. I don't really have a clear idea of what I want to write tonight so I'll just write some things from this week.
1) Conversation with Sebastian...
Sebastian: "Mom, can I have a cookie?"
Me: "Sure, but just a couple." As he takes four "Hey, since when did a couple turn into four?"
Sebastian: "Since when did saying 'I just need a couple things from the store' turn into two carts full of groceries?"
Well played Sebastian, well played.
2) Blake started walking more. He has taken several steps in a row, but he has really started to be comfortable on his feet and it's so cute to watch him.
3) Tyler tried out for District band, but didn't make it. She handled it with such grace. She was disappointed but knew she had given it her all. I am so proud of her.
4) Sebastian passed his honors biology and honors geometry SOL tests. He stressed and stressed about geometry and I'm glad he passed and it's over.
5) I've been getting migraines the last six months and haven't made it to the doctor yet. This week I had the worst one I've had yet. It was awful. I really feel for people who have them all the time.
6) My parents will be home at the end of March!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I have missed them so much!